A Trustee contributes to the work of the Board of Trustees in raising standards of achievement for all students by providing a strategic view for the academy, acting as a critical friend and ensuring accountability.
Trustees are responsible for:
- The strategic overview of the academy and the management of the academy’s business affairs.
- Ensuring the standard of education.
- Entering into contracts on the academy’s behalf.
- Ensuring that relevant statutory documents are delivered to companies house.
- Managing the academy trust’s finances and property.
- Taking part in board meetings of the Trustees.
Trustees have additional company law duties arising from legislation and common law. In particular, they must comply with the Companies Act 2006. In addition, as academies have charitable status, Trustees are responsible for ensuring that the academy trust adheres to the Charity Commission’s regulations.
‘Our Staff Team’
The Trustees recognise that their greatest resource is the staff team and as such strive to ensure that their health and well-being is maintained to ensure the staff can impact positively on the students and their learning outcomes. As such Bradfields Academy has signed up to the Charter for Employers who are positive about mental health. This is the MINDFUL EMPLOYER INITIATIVE.