Online Academic Review Day
It is usual throughout the academic year to hold two Curriculum Academic Review Days where parents and carers can book appointments to review academic progress with the teaching staff.
The first of these days will be on Tuesday 1st February 2022.
Due to recent Government advice the event will once again be online. Our booking system has an online video conference facility. Parents and carers will book an appointment with staff and then login to the app at that time. The app will then connect them with the teacher for their appointment and then cut off at the end moving to the next appointment. You will be able to book a longer appointment with any member of staff that teaches the students more than one subject.
Bookings to see staff will be done through the electronic booking system. This is available through the School Gateway App or via this link: SchoolCloud - Bradfields Academy. Please be aware of the following:
- Bookings will open on Monday 10th January 2022 and remain open until the end of the day on Sunday 30th January 2022 . Appointments cannot be made after this date as the system will automatically close and email all the teachers their appointments.
- When you access the system you will only be able to see the teachers that teach your child. You can, therefore, make appointments with any of the teachers that are displayed.
- Appointments will be available between 09:00 and 18:00 on the 1st February 2022
- Bookings will be on a first come first served basis. If a teacher has no available appointment slots then you will need to contact them at another time if you need to speak to them urgently.
- Reminders, and your final timetable of appointments, will be sent through email and text so please ensure the academy has up to date details.
- If you require help in booking the appointments or need some special consideration then please telephone the Academy Office who will assist in booking or making arrangements.
- Teachers who teach students for more than one subject will have longer appointment slots available.
- You will need speakers and a microphone on the device you use to access the appointments. The documentation says that the software is best designed for a Smart phone, but works just as well on a tablet or PC as well.
If you book an appointment and then know that you cannot make it, please let the Admin Team know by telephoning the academy giving as much notice as possible so the appointment slot can be reallocated. Even if this is on the day of the event it is better to know than not.
The appointments will be a good opportunity to discuss:
- Progress made.
- Current achievements.
- What the student needs to do to ensure further success.
As usual the academy is closed to all students on this day.
From previous feedback I understand that this format was very popular with the vast majority of parents. I am aware of a few who found this quite uncomfortable and a bit of a challenge. Should you be unable to access this format of parental meeting then please contact the academy to arrange a telephone conversation with staff. This, of course may not be on the day of the event.
Should you have any questions about this event or need support in booking on the system then please do not hesitate to contact the Academy Admin Team who will guide you through the process.