Online Academic Review Day
It is usual throughout the academic year to hold two Academic Review Days where parents and carers can book appointments to review academic progress with the teaching staff.
The second of these days will be on Wednesday 5th May 2021.
The event will be online. Our booking system, through the School Gateway App, has an online video conference facility. Parents and carers will book an appointment with staff and then login to the app at that time. The app will then connect them with the teacher for the appointment and then cut off at the end, moving to the next appointment.
Bookings to see staff will be done through the electronic booking system. This can be accessed:
- Through the School Gateway App under ‘Useful Links’
- Through the link on the webpage
- By clicking this link: SchoolCloud - Bradfields Academy
Please be aware of the following:
- Bookings will open on Tuesday 20th April 2021 and remain open until the end of the day on Monday 3rd May 2021. Appointments cannot be made after this date as the system will automatically close and email all the teachers their appointments.
- When you access the system you will only be able to see the teachers that teach your child. You can, therefore, make appointments with any of the teachers that are displayed.
- Appointments will be available between 09:00 and 18:00 on the 5th May 2021.
- Bookings will be on a first-come first-served basis. If a teacher has no available appointment slots then you will need to contact them at another time if you need to speak to them urgently.
- Reminders, and your final timetable of appointments, will be sent through email and text so please ensure the academy has up to date details.
- If you require help in booking the appointments or need some special consideration then please telephone the Academy Office who will assist in booking or making arrangements.
- Teachers who teach students for more than one subject will have longer appointment slots available.
- You will need speakers and a microphone on the device you use to access the appointments. The documentation says that the software is best designed for a Smartphone, but works just as well on a tablet or PC as well.
If you book an appointment and then know that you cannot make it, please let the Admin Team know by telephoning the academy giving as much notice as possible so the appointment slot can be reallocated. Even if this is on the day of the event it is better to know than not.
The appointments will be a good opportunity to discuss:
- Progress made since lockdown has been lifted.
- Progress being made if the student has been shielding.
- What the student needs to do to ensure further success.
Ordinarily, the academy is closed to all students on this day, however, as we did previously, the academy will be making provision for students of critical workers only. We will be in touch separately about these arrangements. This will be the only provision on this day, all other children will not be attending the academy, and therefore, you will need to make arrangements for your children to be at home on this day.
Assignments will be provided for this day, but there will be no live lessons as staff will be in appointments.
This format is still relatively new to Bradfields and parents. It received very positive feedback in February. Following this event we will review the successes and feedback received. We will then plan accordingly for the events next year. In order for this to be achieved successfully any feedback will be gratefully received. We will provide an evaluation form after the event.
If you require help in booking the appointments please see the video on this link:
Should you have any questions about this event or need support in booking on the system then please do not hesitate to contact the Academy Admin Team who will guide you through the process.