Return Dates for Students & Equipment Required
16 July 2020
Dear Parents & Carers,
I am pleased to be able to inform you that we are anticipating a full return of all staff and students to the academy in September. Based on the most recent government guidance we will be ensuring that our current health and safety measures remain in place for Term 1 to support all staff and students in reducing the risk of exposure to the virus. This includes increased cleaning throughout the academy day, regular and routine use of hand sanitiser and hand washing, reduced movement around the academy and ensuring that, as much as possible, different groups of students will not mix. We will work to ensure that students are kept within their own learning communities and allocated areas as much as possible.
Students may only leave their allocated areas to access specialist subject rooms or resources.
What day will my child return?
In order to support the transition of new students into the academy and settle children who have the most complex needs we will be welcoming students back across two days. Please see below for the detail of when your child will start back at the academy:
Wednesday 2nd September - Start: 10am - Finish 2:15pm:
- New Year 7 students
- All Primary students
- All Year 10 students
- All Year 12 students
- Mrs Pieslak’s class (Nurture)
- Miss Cook’s class
- Miss Theodosi’s class
- Mrs Titmuss’s class
- Mrs Donoghue’s class
- Mrs Brook’s class
- Miss King’s class
- Mrs Horton’s class
- Miss McCormick’s class
- Mr Tullett’s class (Therapeutic)
Thursday 3rd September - Start: 8:50am - Finish 2:15pm:
- All other students to return
Friday 4th September: Start - 8:50am - Finish 2:15pm
- All students to be in the academy
All students will then continue the term on a full time basis from Monday 7th September at the normal start time of 8:50am and finish time of 3:15pm.
What will the lunch arrangements be?
As we are not able to have large groups of children mixing in the lunch hall, for Term 1 we will initially be providing packed lunches instead of hot dinners for school meals. This will allow the majority of students to eat lunch in their classrooms which will help to support students in distancing from other community groups. If you would like your son or daughter to have a packed lunch please book and pay for lunches via the SchoolGateway App. Those who receive Free School Meals will be provided with a packed lunch. We will review the lunch situation at the end of Term 1.
What equipment will my child need to have with them?
We are still not able to allow students to access shared facilities such as water fountains and basic resources such as stationery as these pose an increased risk of cross-contamination, if students were to share resources. We would, therefore, request that parents provide the following for their child ready for September:
- A full water bottle each day, plus a spare drink if needed. Please ensure these are clearly labelled with their name.
- A pencil case with two writing pens, two pencils, a rubber, colouring pencils, a ruler, and a sharpener. Please ensure this is clearly labelled with their name.
- Trainers only to be provided for PE. For Term 1 only, students will undertake PE in their academy uniforms, changing from school shoes into trainers only.
- An outdoor coat suitable for all weathers. We will be outside for break, lunchtimes and some lessons. Please ensure your child’s coat is waterproof.
- Students will only be able to bring 1 bag into the academy. Please ensure their bag can carry all of the above equipment.
- Where possible students should leave valuables and electronics at home. Unless needed, for example on the journey to and from the academy. They will be expected to hand these into their tutor when they arrive and will collect them from their tutor at the end of the day. We will not be sanitising students’ personal electronic equipment.
- All students will be expected to return to the academy in full uniform. Please ensure their uniforms are washed regularly.
- Students in the Sixth Form will be expected to wear smart business attire, but are excused from wearing suit jackets and blazers during this period.
Students will be provided with a student planner when they return in September. Please ensure your child has this with them each day.
We look forward to welcoming all students back to the academy in September.
Please enter some content for your news story here.