Over the last year we have had a considerable increase in the number of vehicles accessing the academy site at the start and end of each day.
Following a Security/Health and Safety inspection in July we now have to take action to mitigate the unacceptable risk that the number of vehicles and pedestrians mixing at busy times poses to all those who use the site.
We propose to limit the number of private vehicles that are able to come on to site and park, we would ask that if you are able to park off-site or use alternative means of transport that you please consider doing this.
We accept that for some, there is no option due to the disability or SEN need of your child. If this is the case for you, can we please ask for some detail and we will issue you with a permit that will allow you access to the site for drop-off or pick-up. Please complete the following form: Parking Permit request information
In order to comply with the recent inspection recommendations there will be strict protocols that we will ask you to adhere to if you have to use the academy site.
- No entry to site before 8.30am (unless dropping at breakfast club).
- No entry to site before 3.05pm
- Parking will be strictly on playgrounds only, as directed by the duty staff
- All engines must be switched off once parked
- No exit until all vehicles are loaded and you are directed to do so by the duty staff
- Permits and blue badges must be displayed for duty staff to check
- No entry to site without a permit
- Any refusal to abide by the protocols will lead to the permit being withdrawn
Thank you for your co-operation.
Miss M Sweetlove