Welcome Back - September 2021
It is a pleasure to be welcoming students back to school this term with a more ‘normal’ approach to provision. It has been an exciting day as we finally get to meet our new year 7 and primary students in person. Tomorrow we will be welcoming back Year 10s from the Oak Community and Year 12s. From Monday 6th September all students will return to the academy.
All students will be returning to full PE lessons and activities. Please be aware that students will now be changing onsite for PE. No students should be entering the academy in their PE kit.
All primary and secondary students must be in the proper PE kit as shown on our website- Blue PE logo top with plain blue shorts/tracksuit bottoms. Academy jumper and fleeces are to be worn to keep warm. No hoodies are allowed.
Sixth form are allowed to wear their own PE clothes if they wish but this must be a plain blue, black or grey shirt. No football or big logo/slogan tops, please.
Covid actions from September 2021
We are now able to allow students to mix across communities and to undergo more offsite trips. We are, however, mindful that we need to still maintain some of our Covid measures in order to keep everyone safe.
I would like to confirm the following:
- Students and staff do not have to wear face coverings around the academy or in lessons, however they may choose to do so if they wish.
- Face coverings must be worn when on school transport or academy minibuses, unless exempt.
- We are asking all students to take two ‘in-school’ tests upon their return, this is optional. Students will only be tested if parental and student consent has been given.
- After the first two ‘onsite’ tests, students will be provided with home testing kits. These will allow students to test twice weekly at home. Further detail will be provided shortly.
- If there is a Covid case in school it is now the responsibility of Track and Trace to inform contacts, however we will be working closely with this organisation and liaising with parents as required.
- The guidance has now changed so that in the event of a Covid case in a household it is only that individual who will need to isolate as long as other household members are either under 18 or double vaccinated. This means that students can still attend Bradfields Academy, if a household member has Covid, however, they may be asked by Track and Trace to undertake a PCR test.
- We are still asking students to stay at home and seek a PCR test if they exhibit any of the following Covid symptoms;
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
If any student exhibits these symptoms at school or is unwell, we will be asking parents to collect. If any student is positive, please inform firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01634 683990.
Key measures we are using in the academy to limit cases include:
- Student and staff testing as described above
- Use of hand sanitiser stations around the academy
- Sanitiser and cleaning kits in every learning space
- Enhanced cleaning regimes and regular deep cleans
- Increased ventilation
- Increased vigilance for any student or staff member with Covid symptoms
We have an escalation plan in place, should the local case rates rise substantially. Should we be required to, we may need to re-introduce safety measures in consultation with PHE/DFE.
We would like to thank all parents in advance for working with us on ensuring the right balance between a full educational experience and the ongoing management of this Covid situation. If you have any specific questions or concerns please contact us through email@example.com