Severe Weather Arrangements Information 2021-22
We will always attempt to keep the academy open if at all possible when there is severe weather, unless it severely hampers transport and compromises safety. We understand that you have commitments too. Parents/Carers need to decide if the journey is safe when severe weather affects transport and/or walking conditions. Please consider carefully and only keep children at home if conditions are unsafe. Please ensure your son/ daughter is appropriately clothed for cold/wet/windy weather and that shoes/boots have good grip for icy conditions.
If we close the building or certain classes, we will:
- Move all lessons to remote learning, students will be able to access their learning via SeeSaw or Microsoft Office 365 Teams. Please support your child in accessing their lessons from home.
- Ensure support is available from your child’s Community Engagement Support Leads.
- Keep you updated as to when we will be able to reopen.
We will make our decision as early as is possible in the morning and will communicate with you in one or all of the following ways:
- Through Schoolcomms – please ensure our records are up to date if you have recently changed mobile contact details, just call in and let us have your new number! This is our quickest and best way of getting text messages to you, so please look out for them during severe weather and make these your first port of call for information.
- With an announcement academy website: www.bradfieldsacademy.co.uk and on the Fortis Trust’s website: www.fortistrust.co.uk
- With a post on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Bradfields%20Academy -Like us on Facebook to be notified of posts.
- With an announcement on www.kentclosures.co.uk/ - All schools in Kent will update this site if a closure is needed.
- Listen to KMFM, BBC Kent Radio or Heart FM and/or use their websites; who will provide updates.
If you are concerned about a possible closure please check the above rather than ringing the academy direct as extra calls tie up the phone lines, which would delay arrangements being made.