At the core of our working practices is ‘the promotion of parental engagement.
In our aims we recognise the need to:
- make all parents and carers attached to the academy feel welcome each time they visit.
- make all parents and carers attached to the academy feel they have a voice and a view that is valued.
- involve all parents and carers in the life of the academy and work in partnership on behalf of their child.
- encourage parents and carers to share the responsibility for developing positive learning behaviours in their child.
We see the parents and carers as an important facet of our provision as they are paramount in the academy-home partnership which can support each child to prosper.
To sustain this we believe the following are important;
- Provision of a Family Room in our Lower Site to host group and individual meetings in a relaxed and private setting.
- Provision of clear guidance and support re : parenting, financial assistance, legal matters and meeting the challenges of a SEN child.
- Provision of training in ICT / Literacy / Numeracy to enable home support with child’s learning.
- Provision of advocacy.
This is accessible to all at flexible hours and is both non-judgmental and without prejudice.
The work can also include home visits and regular phone contact from the 1.6 fte staff [term time only].
Family Friendly Award
On Monday 16th June 2014 Bradfields was awarded the Family Friendly UK 'Certificate of Accreditation' at a reception held at No 11 Downing Street in London. This award recognises how "Bradfields Academy has demonstrated its commitment to being a family friendly employer and service provider".
Bradfields are the first school/academy in the UK to receive this award. We are very proud to have all our important work with parents / carers and families over the last two years validated by this award.
Leading Parent Partnership Award
On the 2nd July 2014 Bradfields was assessed by the LPPA Accreditation Verifier to determine whether or not it met the ten standards of this award.
As a result of our work in developing a portfolio of evidence we were successful and have been awarded LPPA for the three year period until 2017. This further evidences our commitment to partnership work with our Parents and Carers.