Following the launch of the Home Learning Life Skills booklet, we wanted to clarify a few points following feedback and a meeting we have had with parents/carers at the recent Parent & Careers forum.
Primary: To continue with their reading.
KS3: English and maths will continue to set home learning. All other home learning will be from the home learning booklet that the students can work on throughout the year at their own pace.
KS4 and KS5: English and maths will continue to set home learning. Students will get additional home learning from their option subjects which will need to be returned. Students will continue to work through the home learning booklets at their own pace completing the skills that are most relevant to them.
Other points to clarify:
- If your son/daughter is not studying that specific subject in the booklet then they do not need to attempt those parts if they do not want to.
- The students can go through the home learning booklet in any order, as it fits in with them and their family.
- The Home learning life skills will be reviewed at events as listed in the back of the booklet.
- If students wish, they can bring in a photograph of themselves completing life skills from the booklet, or write a note in the student planner so these achievements can be celebrated in assemblies.
Further Life Skills for students to work on at home:
- Talk about crossing the road safely, try this skill with an adult
- Use a pedestrian crossing
- Talk about making an emergency phone call – 999
- Talk about Fire safety in the home and your house fire escape routes/procedures
Thank you for your continued support and we hope the students are enjoying working through their booklets.