Website Policy & Practice
Child Protection Requirements
The Academy operates the following practice on its website regarding the use of photographs, to ensure the privacy and safety of students at the Academy:
1. Parents and Carers can decline to allow use of photographs containing their child(ren).
2. Where Parents and Carers have given permission the following applies :
- Where students are named, only their first names are given;
- Where a student is named, no photograph of that student is displayed;
- Where a photograph is used which shows a student, no name is displayed.
By observing these points, the Academy ensures that visitors to the website cannot link images of students to names of students. When choosing photographs for the website, the Academy is mindful of the way students may appear in them, and will not include images which are in any way inappropriate, such as close-up portrait shots of individual students.
No other private information about students is ever published on the website such as surnames or contact details.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. Our website was prepared by E4 Education and visitors to the site should be aware that they are able to gather information from each visit.
(1) What information could they collect?
They may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
1. Information about your visits to and use of this website;
2. Information about any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website;
3. Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us, and/or leaving guestbook comments, and/or subscribing to our website services and/or email notifications.
(2) Information about website visits
They may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. They may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website's usability, and for marketing purposes.
They may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. They may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website's usability and for marketing purposes. They may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookie by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
(3) Using your personal data
1. Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
2. Provide other organisations with statistical information about our users - but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
They will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
(4) Other disclosures
1. To the extent that they are required to do so by law;
2. In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
3. In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
(5) Security of your personal data
They will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and they cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
(6) Policy amendments
(7) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. They / we are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites.
This disclaimer governs your use of our website; by using our website, you accept this disclaimer in full. If you disagree with any part of this disclaimer, do not use our website.
(2) Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all our intellectual property rights are reserved.
(3) Licence to use website
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website, provided that:
1. You do not republish material from this website (including republication on another website), or reproduce or store material from this website in any public or private electronic retrieval system;
2. You do not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, visit, or otherwise exploit our website or material on our website for a commercial purpose, without our express written consent;
(4) Limitations of liability
The information on this website is provided free-of-charge, and you acknowledge that it would be unreasonable to hold us liable in respect of this website and the information on this website.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we not commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on this website is kept up-to-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill).
Our liability is limited and excluded to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. We will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising under this disclaimer or in connection with our website, whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise - including, without limitation, any loss of profit, contracts, business, goodwill, reputation, data, income, revenue or anticipated savings.
However, nothing in this disclaimer shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
We may revise this disclaimer from time-to-time. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
(6) Entire agreement
This disclaimer constitutes the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website, and supersedes all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
(7) Law and jurisdiction
This notice will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to this notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
(8) Virus protection
Bradfields Academy makes every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet. The academy cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to a user's data or their computer system which may occur while using material from this website.
(9) File Formats
Here is a summary of the most frequently used:
- [PDF file] (.pdf) - this is a portable document format, which can be opened with Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't already have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer, it can be downloaded for free at www.adobe.com/acrobat.
- [Word document] (.doc) - a straight-forward text document format, which can be opened with MS Word and some other word processing software.
- [Excel file] (.xls) - a data spreadsheet format, which can be opened with MS Excel and some other spreadsheet software.
- J-PEG files (.jpg) - an image compression format, most suitable for complex many-coloured images such as photographs, which can be opened with the browser or any image editing software.
- GIF files (.gif) - an image compression format, most suitable for simpler flat-coloured images such as graphs or cartoons, which can be opened with the browser or any image editing software.
- Flash files (.swf) - a vector-based animation format developed for websites, ideal for games and short movie clips, which can be opened with Flash Player. If you don't already have Flash Player on your computer, it can be downloaded for free at www.adobe.com/flash.
This disclaimer is based on a freely-available template created and distributed by http://www.website-law.co.uk.